All members are required to complete at minimum four shifts per month which equates to between 16 and 32 hours of volunteer time. We ask that members also attend monthly meetings (first Thursday of each month), be enrolled in an EMT Basic class within two years of joining, and participate in special events and trainings as required. Being part of an ambulance service requires a large amount of time both on and off the ambulance to ensure we can always provide the best possible care to our patients.
After six months of completing our minimum requirements you will be eligible to come off probation and be an active voting member of the organization.
Hoboken Volunteer Ambulance Corps. does offer the New Jersey EMT Voucher which allows eligible members the opportunity to take a EMT class at no charge to them. We are happy to talk about how to take advantage of this opportunity during your interview with us.
Additional information on becoming a NJ EMT can be found by clicking here: https://njems.njlincs.net/cdr/jsp/index.jsp
How to Apply
- Successfully complete a CPR class which meets the New Jersey State OEMS Requirements. If you need to get certified check out our CPR Classes page. We recognize the following CPR certifications:
- American Heart Association – BLS Healthcare Provider
- American Red Cross – Professional Rescuer
- American Safety and Health Institute – Professional Rescuer
- AAOS/ACEP Emergency Care and Safety Institute – Healthcare Provider
- National Safety Council – Basic Life Support: Healthcare and Professional Rescuers
- Department of Defense – Professional Rescuer
- After obtaining a CPR certification click here to download our membership application
- Please note your application will not be considered unless you have a valid CPR certificate/card
- Submit your completed application to email@example.com
- Include a copy of your Drivers License or another form of Photo ID
- Include a copy of your CPR Certification
- Include a copy of your EMT Certification (if applicable)
- If you don't have a scanner, readable photo's will be accepted
Applications we be reviewed by our membership committee and you will be contacted to set up an interview.
After being interviewed, all applications are then read before the membership at a general membership meeting typically held the first Thursday of each month. Once approved by the membership you will go through an orientation class before being allowed to sign up for your first shift.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you step-by-step to complete the application process.